Week 1 - Tshwane?

IBM Corporate Service Corps

In a three months I will be setting off from Raleigh, NC to Tshwane, South Africa to work on an IBM Corporate Service Corp project with the Digital Opportunity Trust.  Our team will be in country for a month.

IBM has been doing this for several years now in countries around the world.  I've only just found out I am going after having submitted an application several weeks ago.  This is the 19th IBM CSC team to go to South Africa, so I am part of a long term continuum of service.

I am going to document my experience in this blog.  This is not the first blog I've ever started, but I only dabbled prior to this. I have no expectations.  I am going to be completely open as to what comes and share the experience here.  I wish I had VR capability so I could take you there with me using the latest technology, but words and pictures will have to do for now.

I know bupkus about where I am going, mostly just what I remember from reading about Nelson Mandela, Bishop Desmond Tutu, the Reconciliation Commission, Apartheid, the Boer War, and movies...several movies, Breaker Morant, Invictus, Endgame, Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, Cry  Freedom, Young Winston, Blood Diamond, and District 9.  Now that I 've scanned the list in Wikipedia, I am going to try and see Chappie too.

I'll add a reading list in a follow on post.  Looks like I also have to pick a language or two, there are many to choose from!

Tshwane.gov
Wikipedia
Gauteng
#CSCZA19 #IBMCSA

Comments